CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Salad in a pot...

This only begins to describe the event we held tonight.

We just moved into our new home. I'll blog all about this later, when I actually have some time to sit down and write it all out.

Anyway. We've made it a goal to feed the missionaries once a month. We'd signed up for tonight, figuring that we'd be all moved in by now. Well, we had several road bumps along the way, and didn't get in until last weekend.

So, they arrive at our house for dinner (pizza and salad...they say we're one of the only families that ever gets them pizza...?). They get here just a little early and I'm running just a little late. Our kitchen is the only room in the house that is unpacked. Unfortunately, it's apparently not entirely unpacked. I can't find a bowl to put the salad in to save my life. Sigh. I go for the next best thing that's large enough.


That's right. We ate salad from a pot.

The sisters were good sports about the whole thing. Especially when they only had about one square foot of space to sit at the dinner table in a dining room full of boxes. And they were great when JM cried almost the whole way through dinner. And when he threw his milk down on the ground and it spilled all over me and the {new} carpet that we had such a hard time getting put into the place. And when my salad dressing somehow missed my plate and landed right into my lap and all over my shirt and skirt. And the way that I spent more time getting up and down from the table (if you could even call my ungraceful blundering and squeezing out the side "getting up and down") than I actually spent sitting with them. I totally ate my dinner after they left...I think I'd had part of my salad by the time the were walking out the door.

Yep. They were great. They didn't even laugh about any of it until while they were sharing their message Levi started running the only loud car toy we have up and down the walls just outside the dining room, to the point we couldn't even hear them.

Oh, good times. I just hope next time it isn't so fun...

5 comments:

Kristen said...

LOL... I think salad in a pot was a great idea. You do what you can...on moving day??? There is no way I could have pulled that off! Or anytime close to moving. Sometimes I think I still have an unpacked box somewhere because after 3 years I still can't find things!

Jenn said...

We have the missionaries over just about weekly...and this sounds like a normal dinner for any day for us!! Especially the part about the loudest toy and getting up every two seconds. We fed the missionaries pizza one time and they also said that it was the first time on their mission that they'd had pizza, who woulda thought?!

Definately can relate to this post! Enjoyed reading it, at least we can laugh about it, right?!

Nicole said...

We just had the missionaries over as well, but it wasn't quite as hectic. We'll see if things change once we have kids :)

The Seaman Family said...

Oh those are the good ol' days that one day you'll look back on them and say where did they go? But I know the feeling. You do what you can. Good job for having them over though. We need to get better at that.

Olivia said...

Thanks, girl, I needed a morning giggle!