CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And the verdict is...

Well, over 95% of you thought we'd be having a girl.



And the perinatologist agrees with you!



Take a first glance at Savannah Lynn Miller:









Everything checks out okay!

Notables: The placenta is extremely close to my cervix, but he said as long as it doesn't move any closer, we should be clear to attempt a VBAC. In addition, she has the same thing John Morgan did on her heart, called an echogenic focus, which can be a sign for Down Syndrome, but this was already a Level II ultrasound, so they were able to screen for the other markers right there, and she didn't show any. So chances are great that she won't have Down Syndrome!

Now to the issue of a big baby...unfortunately, he couldn't tell. He said that until the end of your 5th month, there's no distinguishing a big baby from a normal baby from a small baby...they're all the same up until that point. He then proceeded to tell me that size won't matter since I'll be having a repeat c-section. LOL. I could write a whole post about his reaction to me telling him we were attempting another VBAC. It was kind of comical actually, but he just ended by saying that he'll probably see me back towards the end of the pregnancy so my doctors can check the size of the baby.

All in all, good times!

So, YAY!

A girl!

{Just a quick shout out to the 1 lonely soul out of 22 that voted for little Marshall. Maybe next time!}

12 comments:

Nicole said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting, a little girl will be a great addition to your family.

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! Girls are lots of fuN!

Jenn said...

Congrats! It'll be neat for you to have a change:P Glad everything checked out okay.

Steven & Tiffany Martin said...

yay! So exciting! Someday, we will catch up... not anytime soon though!

Kristen said...

I knew it, I knew it! Just kidding... just hoping. A healthy baby is what we all want but fun to have a new gender entering into the family. She will be just like me...I have two older brothers! Although, sounds like she will have little siblings to follow! Yay... The little rump shot is sooooooo clear!

Audrey said...

Its time to even the score in the Miller family!!! I was thinking you might have to start getting gril animals just too even things out but it looks like there is no need for that:)

p.s. I may or may not have been the one lonely soul!

Andie said...

I knew it, based on what you said in your last post about being overly emotional all the time. That's how I was while pregnant with Janie for the entire pregnancy. SO SO SO excited for you!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Olivia said...

Again, congrats! So excited for you!

freya said...

yay congrats!!!!

Kim said...

yay!!!

The Seaman Family said...

YEAH, how exciting!! Have fun and enjoy!